Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Mount an ISO in Solaris 10

Sometime I run into an issue were I need to install a program and the only installer I can find is on a CD or DVD. Unfortunately most servers don't have CD/DVD players. I can usually download the media, in the form of an ISO from the vender website. Then the issue is how do I get the application out of the ISO if you don't have a CD or DVD drive. Luckily for me, most UNIX based Operating Systems can mount a ISO. In much the same way you would mount an NFS (Network File System) or other external volumes, like a CD/DVD drive. As the title suggests this How-to will focus on doing this on a Solaris 10 server.

Mounting an ISO

# lofiadm -a /path/to/cd.iso
/dev/lofi/1

Now you can mount the ISO. # mount -o ro -F hsfs /dev/lofi/1 /mnt

Unmount and detach the images

# umount /mnt
# lofiadm -d /dev/lofi/1

Useful links
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-mount-sun-solaris-cd-iso-image/
http://bradthemad.org/tech/notes/solaris_mount_iso.php

No comments:

Post a Comment